top of page


Which Real Estate Matters Does Your Firm Handle?

The Law Office of Kern and Wilkens, PC handles real estate law matters pertaining to deeds, title searches, property sales and loan closings, and boundary line disputes.

What Estate Planning Services Do You Offer?

We offer legal counsel regarding powers of attorney, living wills, wills, trusts, guardianship, and conservator-ship.

What Areas Of Virginia Do You Service?

We assist clients in Big Stone Gap, Wise County, Lee County, Scott County, and throughout the state of Virginia.

How Will A Personal Injury Claim Help Me Move On With My Life After An Injury?

An experienced attorney can help you file a personal injury claim for compensation and defend it in court if need be. A successful personal injury case can get you compensation for medical bills resulting from the accident, lost wages due to missed work, and even pain and suffering.

What Is A Catastrophic Injury?

catastrophic injury is one so severe that your health is impacted for the rest of your life, preventing you from maintaining gainful employment.

Are There Any Personal Injury Cases Your Firm Does Not Accept?

The Law Office of Kern and Wilkens, PC does not accept medical malpractice cases.

I’ve Been Accused Of Committing A Criminal Act. Will Your Firm Represent Me?

Yes. We have been providing high-quality criminal defense for Virginia residents since 1981.

My Work Schedule Is Demanding. Can We Meet Outside Of Normal Work Hours?

Sure! You just need to call and schedule an after-hours or weekend appointment ahead of time.

What Sets The Attorneys At The Law Office Of Kern And Wilkens, PC Apart From Lawyers At Other Local Firms?

Our legal team possesses nearly 50 years of combined experience in a variety of fields. We are a RESA-certified home loan closure firm, and all of our attorneys are certified guardians ad litem.

Does Your Firm Offer Free Consultations?

Yes! Simply call us at 276-523-1281 to schedule yours today.


The Law Office of Kern and Wilkens, PC provides trustworthy legal counsel to Wise County clients facing real estate law, family law, criminal defense, personal injury, estate planning, and civil litigation matters. Contact our Big Stone Gap office today at 276-523-1281 to schedule a free consultation.

Thanks! Message sent.

Click HERE to make a Retainer Payment

We Accept

bottom of page